Friday 17 May 2013

Hobbit Hole Miniature

For this project I was assigned the task of building any physical film effect I wanted as long as it could fit into a square ft box. I chose to build a miniature of a section of Bilbo Baggins' home from The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings. I built it to 1:36 scale to allow it to fit inside a square ft, meaning the bricks around the windows and doors are around 2 mm by 5 mm. Once the model was completed I edited a background in of 'The Shire'. The video contains a slideshow of a few photographs of the model and a short video of the model in which I tried to give it a time-lapse effects by holding a fan on it whilst filming on order to make the bushes vibrate quickly, I then added a time-lapse video of a sky/sun-rise behind it and adjusted the lighting as it progresses.

 

More information on how it was built at: http://buildingthehobbithole.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments: